Job Type: Part-Time, Permanent
Minimum Education: Diploma
Bilingual Academic Administrative Assistant (Mandarin and English)
The Bilingual Academic Administrative Assistant will be fluent in Mandarin and English. The candidate performs administrative support duties common to language teaching departments as determined by the Academic Manager. This individual will provide administrative and secretarial support to the language programs offered at Europa Language School. The position will assist Academic Manager and Language teachers.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education/Experience: A high school diploma or the equivalent and two years of general office experience or an equivalent combination of education and general office experience is required.
Skills: Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications is required. Must have a working knowledge of or the ability to learn and use database applications like MS Access and web content management system. Strong interpersonal skills with pleasant phone manners and focus on customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides administrative support to an language teaching department by providing reception services, scheduling appointments, filing, researching files and records, and preparing correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested.
2. Assists prospective and registered students by providing information about the courses offered, fees and class times. Providing basic and initial assistance to students with questions about classes, registration, permissions, etc.
3. Scheduling Assessment Tests for new students per direction from language teachers and Academic Manager.
4. Supports the work of the department by purchasing equipment and supplies, maintaining an inventory of office supplies, and utilizing the established process to pay for goods or services purchased by the School.
5. Supports the administrative business functions of the School by ordering textbooks, coordinating with marketing department in creating brochures and newsletters, maintaining and updating the School student databases, preparing registration forms, verifying and processing student time records and scheduling the use of classrooms
6. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
7. Supports the School by performing all other duties as assigned by the Academic Manager.
The Academic Administrative Assistant is supervised by the Academic Manager and may be assigned work by the President.
How to Apply
3020 Lincoln Avenue
Coquitlam, British Columbia
V3B 6B4, Canada